BUSI 409 MIDTERM EXAM
1. Financial penalties to punish individuals who engage in or permit improper transgressions are called
a. give or get policies.
b. intermediate sanctions.
c. excess benefit transactions.
d. means to an end.
2. According to Simon’s concept of life stages of an organization, what is the last stage?
a. Produce and sustain
b. Imagine and inspire
c. Ground and grow
d. Review and renew
3. Which assessment tool is meant to determine an organization’s success in accomplishing its mission, or program effectiveness?
a. Cost-benefit analysis
b. Financial ratio approach
c. Outcomes approach
d. Peer analysis
4. Strategic planning is not a substitute for
c. organizational meetings.
5. This concept was developed as a way for businesses to obtain a balanced perspective on performance by combining financial data with other considerations.
A. Financial ratios
b. Balanced scorecard
c. Common indicators
d. Cost-benefit analysis
6. Organizations that are classified as tax-exempt are not required to pay
a. sales tax.
b. property tax.
c. capital gains tax.
d. income tax.
e. all of the above
7. Today’s boards are being exhorted not only to raise money and promote the organization but also to
a. encourage more cooperation between the CEO and the board.
b. be more aggressive in monitoring performance.
c. motivate its members.
d. increase communication levels between the board and the rest of the organization.
8. The term that is defined as the ability to learn as an organization and identify ways to improve, to change in response to client needs, to create new and innovative programs, and to create an environment that is motivating to staff and volunteers is
a. program delivery capacity.
b. adaptive capacity.
c. program expansion capacity.
d. capacity building.
9. According to blended value theorists, value should be thought about as having three components: economic value, social value, and
a. spiritual value.
b. educational value.
c. artistic value.
d. environmental value.
10. According to Collins, this type of leadership exists when the leader has the power to simply make decisions.
a. Legislative leadership
b. Figurehead leadership
c. Executive leadership
d. Charismatic leadership
11. A study conducted by the Corporation for National and Community Service found that of individuals who vol¬unteered in 2005 did not continue their activity in 2006.
a. one fourth
b. one third
c. one half
d. two thirds
12. The importance of this aspect of external activity is growing as government support for many programs has been reduced.
a. Professional associations
b. Executive transitions
c. Employee orientation
13. A is a perspective or a way of seeing and understanding things.
b. task behavior
14. Effective nonprofit leaders are those who are not excessively focused on
a. empowering others.
b. internal management.
c. external relationships.
d. the organization’s mission.
15. This method relates to the actions necessary to implement the strategic plan.
a. Strategic management
b. Operational planning
c. Analytical planning
d. Long-range planning
16. Nonprofits may compete directly with other organizations, nonprofit or for-profit, but also face from all alternative uses for individuals’ time and money.
a. competition-oriented pricing
b. demographic variables
c. generic competition
Without building , organizations cannot grow successful programs to a larger scale, thus limiting their impact.
18. One significant risk of resource dependency is actions taken by the nonprofit to alter its goals and activities to satisfy the contributor of funds. This is also called
a. performance measurement.
b. goal displacement.
c. information asymmetry.
d. population ecology.
19. Elected boards are most common in
a. public organizations.
b. member-serving and advocacy organizations.
c. charitable nonprofits.
d. companies headed by a CEO.
20. enables the system to adapt to changing circumstances.
a. Internal dynamics
b. External forces
21. Collaborations and mergers between nonprofits whose missions, operational style, constituencies, or geographic proximities are similar are than those with a lesser level of relatedness.
a. less likely to succeed
b. more likely to succeed
c. shorter lived
d. longer lived
22. In a self-perpetuating board, new members are selected by
a. the membership of the organization.
b. the CEO.
c. the existing members of the board.
d. a selection committee.
23. Excess benefit transaction is
a. when a person’s compensation is deemed in excess of the value of his or her services.
b. the responsibility of a board to make sure an organization is complying with law.
c. how an organization keeps costs of benefits reasonable.
d. a model of board-CEO relationship.
24. Discuss the effects of watchdog organizations that proactively examine nonprofit organizations. Are these effects mostly positive or negative? Why?
25. List and describe two (2) of the most common issues in a merger and discuss how a nonprofit might minimize those issues in a merger situation.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.