· This project requires the use of the Solver add-in. If this add-in is not available in the Analysis group (or if the Analysis group is not available) on the DATA tab, install Solver by following the steps below.
o In Excel, click the FILE tab, and then click the Options button in the left navigation bar.
o Click the Add-Ins option in the left pane of the Excel Options window.
o Click on the arrow next to the Manage box, click the Excel Add-Ins option, and then click the Go button.
o In the Add-Ins window, click the check box next to the Solver Add-In option and then click the OK button.
o Follow any remaining prompts to install Solver.
1. Go to the Desktop Models worksheet. In cell C28, use Goal Seek to perform a break-even analysis for Desktop Models by calculating the number of units the company needs to sell (represented by the value in cell C27), at the price per unit listed in cell C25, in order to break even, or reach a Gross Profit of $0. (Hint: The number format applied to cell C25 will make a value of $0 display as $ -)
2. Create a one-variable data table to display values for Sales, Expenses, and Profits based on the Number of Clocks sold by completing the following actions:
a. In cell E5, enter a formula to reference cell C5, which is the input cell to be used in the data table.
b. In cell F5, enter a formula that references cell C20, which is the expected total sales for this product.
c. In cell G5, enter a formula that references cell C21, which is the expected total expenses for this product.
d. In cell H5, enter a formula that references cell C22, which is the expected gross profit for this product.
e. Select the range E5:H10 and then complete the one-variable data table, using cell C5 as the Column input cell for your data table.
3. Select range E14:L19. Create a two-variable data table to display values for gross Profit based on Units Sold and Price per Unit (Hint: Use cell C6 as the Row input cell and cell C5 as the Column input cell).
4. Apply a custom format to cell E14 to display the text “Units Sold/Price” in place of the cell value.
5. Go to the Wall Units worksheet. Create a Scatter with Straight Lines chart based on range E4:G14 in the data table Wall-Units – Break-Even Analysis. Modify the chart as described below:
a. Resize and reposition the chart so the upper-left corner is in cell E15 and the lower-right corner is in cell H28.
b. Remove the chart title from the chart.
c. Add Sales and Expenses as the Vertical Axis title and Units Sold as the Horizontal Axis title.
d. For the Vertical Axis, change the Minimum Bounds to 300000 and the Maximum Bounds to 550000. Change the Number format of the Vertical Axis to Currency with 0 decimal places.
e. For the Horizontal Axis, change the Minimum Bounds to 5000 and the Maximum Bounds to 9000.
f. Use the Change Colors option to change the color set for the chart to Color 14 (the 4th entry from the bottom in the gallery of color choices).
6. Open the Scenario Manager and add two scenarios for the data in the Wall Units worksheet based on the data shown in Table 1. The changing cells for both scenarios are the non-adjacent cells C12, and C15. Close the Scenario Manager without showing any of the scenarios.
Table 1: Wall Unit Scenario Values
Copyright © 2014 Cengage Learning. All Rights Reserved.
7. Go to Custom Clocks worksheet. Create a Scatter with Straight Lines chart based on range E6:J14 in the data table Custom Clocks – Net Income Analysis. Make the following modifications to the chart:
a. Resize and reposition the chart so the upper-left corner is in cell E15 and the lower-right corner is in cell J28.
b. Remove the chart title from the chart.
c. Reposition the chart legend to the Right of the chart.
d. Add the title Net Income as the Vertical Axis title and Units Sold as the Horizontal Axis title.
e. For the Vertical Axis, change the Minimum Bounds to –150000 and the Maximum Bounds to 250000. Change the Number format of the Vertical Axis to Currency with 0 decimal places.
f. For the Horizontal Axis, change the Minimum Bounds to 3000 and the Maximum Bounds to 7500.
8. In the Scatter with Straight Lines chart created in the previous step, edit the chart series names as described below:
a. For Series 1, set the series name to cell F5 (Hint: The series name should automatically update to =’Custom Clocks’!$F$5).
b. For Series 2, set the series name to cell G5.
c. For Series 3, set the series name to cell H5.
d. For Series 4, set the series name to cell I5.
e. For Series 5, set the series name to cell J5.
9. Firestone Clocks is considering subcontracting the construction of their Custom Clock line to other woodshops in the area. Walter wants to determine if this option will reduce the costs associated with this product line.
Go to the Custom Clock – Suppliers worksheet. Run Solver to minimize the value in cell F11 (Total Cost) by adjusting number of units produced by each woodshop (Hint: Changing cells will be C5:E5) assuming the four (4) manufacturing constraints below:
b. F11 <=560000
c. C5:E5 <=3500
d. C5:E5 should be an Integer
Run Solver, keep the Solver Solution, and then return to the Solver Parameters Dialog box. Save the model to the range B15:B22. Close the Solver Parameters Dialog box.
10.Go to the All Products worksheet. Open the Scenario Manager and create a Scenario Summary report for the resultant cells C18:E18. The Scenario Summary report will summarize the impact of the following three scenarios: Status Quo, Outsource Manufacturing, Raise Prices 5%.
11.Go back to the All Products worksheet. Open the Scenario Manager and create a Scenario PivotTable report for result cells C18:E18. Format the Scenario PivotTable as described below:
a. Remove the Filter field from the PivotTable.
b. Change the number format of the Profit_per_Unit_Sold_Desktop, Profit_per_Unit_Sold_Wall_Units, and Profit_per_Unit_Sold_Custom fields (located in the Values box of the PivotTable Field List) to Currency (with 2 decimal places).
c. In cell A1, enter the value All Products Scenario PivotTable and format the cell with the Title cell style.
12.Go back to the All Products worksheet. Open the Scenario Manager and view the Outsource Manufacturing scenario in the worksheet.
Your workbook should look like the Final Figure on the following page. Note that some of the outcome values have been intentionally blanked out. Save your changes, close the workbook, and exit Excel. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.