1. (TCOs 1, 8, 9) Using the security market line formula rather than the dividend discount formula, determine the expected return on a firm’s common stock when:
(a) beta = 1.0;
(b) the risk-free rate is 4%; and
(c) marketplace interest rates have hovered around 9%.
2. (TCOs 1, 5, 6) Calculate the appropriate selling price of a 30-year 5% coupon, $1,000 corporate bond that was purchased five years ago. Marketplace interest rates are averaging 8%.
3. (TCO 2) Given the data below, calculate the expected return, variance, and standard deviation of the following company.
In a recessionary economy, which is expected to occur with a 30% probability, the expected returns would be -5%.
In an expanding economy with an expected probability of occurrence of 20%, the expected return would be 20%.
In a normal economy expected to occur 50% of the time, the expected return would be 5%.
4. (TCO 9) As percentage of debt on the balance sheet increases, financial leverage increases, which makes EPS increase. If this is the case, why don’t all firms try to end up with very high debt?
5. (TCO 7) What would be the expected change to a 30-year bond’s market price or value if its YTM increases to 10.4%? Its YTM is now 9.4%, it has an 8% annual coupon, $1,000 face value, it is currently priced at $897.26, and its duration is eight years.
6. (TCO 9) M&M Proposition I comes in both tax free and world with taxes formats. Explain what these concepts mean. You must use your own words to earn credit here.
7. (TCO 6) What is the coupon rate needed on a $1,000 face value, 6% coupon corporate bond to make it equivalent in terms of return to one whose interest rate is tax free? Assume the corporate tax rate is 40%.
8. (TCO 6) A $1,000 face value bond was issued at par 20 years ago with a 6% coupon paid semiannually. The bond now has nine years remaining to maturity and similar debt obligations are yielding 12%.
•Compute the current price of the bond.
•Assuming that the bond is sold at its current price, what is the capital gain or loss from the original purchase?
•Now assume that the price of the bond returns to par. What is the percentage capital gain or loss for the new owner?
•Please explain why the percentage gain is different from the percentage loss
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.