This exercise (50 points) uses the AWS Cloud9 environment develop and fully test a set of tools and Web Forms to perform the following functionality:
a. Password Login form – This Python form allows a user to login to a simple web application with a username and password. A file can be used to store the username and password for validated users for this activity. No additional Web application functionality is needed after successful login other than a Greeting of your choice and the ability to update the password in a form.
b. Password update Form – This Python form allows a user to update a user’s password after they have successfully logged in.
c. Authentication functions – These Python functions that will check the following NIST SP 800-63B criteria are met upon login or upon password update: SHALL be at least 8 characters in length
• SHOULD be no more than 64 characters in length
• SHALL compare the prospective secrets against a list that contains values known to be commonly-used, expected, or compromised (Provided as CommonPasswords.txt)
• If the chosen secret is found in the list, the application SHALL advise the subscriber that they need to select a different secret, SHALL provide the reason for rejection, and SHALL require the subscriber to choose a different value
• SHALL implement a time-based rate-limiting mechanism that effectively limits the number of failed authentication attempts that can be made on the subscriber’s account. For this exercise throttling should start after 15 attempts.
• When the subscriber successfully authenticates, the verifier SHOULD disregard any previous failed attempts for that user from the same IP address
d. Logger – Create a log to log all failed login attempts. The Log should include date, time and IP address.
e. Log Analyzer – Create a Python log analyzer application that reads the log file created in part d to identify and geo-locate all IP addresses where more than 10 failed attempts in a period of less than 5 minutes. The geolocation should include the Lat/Long value provide from the IP Address location.
A sample report might look like this:
184.108.40.206 had 12 failed login attempts in a 5 minute period on Jul 7, 2019.
220.127.116.11 has a Lat/Long of 41.2908816/-73.610759.
1. Leverage the File I/O, Flask and Data structures work previously performed in the class.
2. Use functions to enhance code reuse and modularity.
3. Use the AWS Cloud9 IDE.
4. Use Python Lists or other data structures to store the Common Passwords and then appropriate search functions to expedite comparisons.
5. You can use “request.environ[‘REMOTE_ADDR’]” to obtain the client IP address. You will need to import the request package: “from flask import request”.
6. You will need to load the ip2geotools Python module to perform the GeoLocation (sudo python3 -m pip install ip2geotools). You will need to import the IpCity Package (from
ip2geotools.databases.noncommercial import DbIpCity). See the ip2geotools for additional method and objects available.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.