Week 9 Solution-Focused and Task-Centered Models Resources Readings • Turner, F. J. (Ed.). (2017). Social work treatment: Interlocking theoretical approaches (6th ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. o Chapter 35: Solution-Focused Theory (pp. 513–531) o Chapter 36: Task-Centered Social Work (pp. 532–552) • Westefeld, J. S., & Heckman-Stone, C. (2003). The integrated problem-solving model of crisis intervention: Overview and application. The Counseling Psychologist, 31(2), 221–239. doi:https://doiorg.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1177/0011000002250638 • Theory Into Practice: Four Social Work Case Studies (PDF document) Media • Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2014). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.psychotherapy.net.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/stream/w © 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 19 of 24 Week 9 Solution-Focused and Task-Centered Models aldenu/video?vid=277 This week, watch the “Solution-Focused Therapy” segment by clicking the applicable link under the “Chapters” tab.
Assignment Final Case Assignment: Application of the Problem-Solving Model and Theoretical Orientation to a Case Study , upload presenting your PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
• Identify the theoretical orientation you have selected to use.
• Describe how you would assess the problem orientation of the client in your selected case study (i.e., how the client perceives the problem). Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind in this assessment stage.
• Discuss the problem definition and formulation based on the theoretical orientation you have selected.
• Identify and describe two solutions from all the solutions possible. Remember, some of these solutions should stem from the theoretical orientation you are utilizing.
• Describe how you would implement the solution. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
• Describe the extent to which the client is able to mobilize the solutions for change.
• Discuss how you would evaluate whether the outcome is achieved or not. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
• Evaluate how well the problem-solving model can be used for short-term treatment of this client.
• Evaluate one merit and one limitation of using the problem solving model for this case. Your 11- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation should follow these guidelines:
• Each slide should be written using bullet points, meaning no long paragraphs of written text should be in the slides. • Include a brief narration of less than 30 seconds for each slide (i.e., the narration takes the place of any written paragraphs, while the bullet points provide context and cues for the audience to follow along). Be sure to:
• Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen. • Use literature to support your claims.
• Use APA formatting and style.
• Include the reference list on the last slide.
I have upload the case study that you are to do the power point on.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.