In this week’s reading and lecture, we discussed several ways to help commit information into memory, including chunking, rehearsal, organization, and elaboration. For this assignment, you will need to seek assistance from at least one other person to conduct a small experiment to test memory. You may do this with more than one individual and compare answers, but this is your choice.
This assignment will take 24 hours to complete, so you must prepare in advance.
The point of the assignment is to see if the person(s) that you question apply the memory strategies listed above when attempting to remember the information you present. In your experiment, you will tell the person(s) that you select that you are going to be reading some numbers or letters out loud, and after you say all of the numbers/letters in the series, they are to write down as many as they can in the same order that you said them. Make sure to provide the person with paper and writing utensil.
There are four trials:
· Trial 1: 7 4 9 2 7 5 1
· Trial 2: 5 2 1 6 7 8 2 9 3 6 4
· Trial 3: 4 1 1 4 8 0 1 2 3 3 6 0
· Trial 4: T G I F S O S M T V L O L
So the steps are:
1. Read all of the items in the trial aloud, allowing about one second per number/letter.
2. Ask the person write down all of the numbers or letters that they remember in the correct order.
3. Collect their response(s).
4. Give the person all of the numbers in order from Trial 1 and instruct the person to try to commit the information to memory as best they can for the next 24 hours.
5. After 24 hours, ask the person to recall the sequence of numbers to the best of their memory and write them down.
6. Collect their response(s).
At the end of your experiment, you are to write a paper answering the following questions:
1. How many numbers/letters did the person(s) you questioned remember for each in-the moment trial? Is this consistent with the “magic” number of 7 plus-or-minus 2 that we hold in our working memory? Discuss.
2. How many numbers from trial one did the person(s) after at least 24 hours? What type of memory was the person committing this information into?
3. Did the person that you questioned use any strategies to remember the numbers/letters? Did the strategies differ when you asked them to recall the information in the moment versus a day later? Discuss.
4. What kinds of learning strategies do you use in your life to help you remember information? What strategies work best for you? What did you learn from this exercise?
This assignment should be at least 250 words in length, but should not exceed 1,000 words.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.