1. Describe the major differences between managerial accounting and financial accounting.
2. You have been working as a staff accountant at Sanborn Industries for three months. Mr. Jones, the accounting manager as well as your boss, has informed you that he has decided to change vendors for the company’s office supplies. He notifies you that your company will now be utilizing the store owned by his best friend. Mr. Jones is hopeful that this will bring in a significant profit for his friend’s business possibly preventing the closing of his store. You receive the first invoice from that store and realize that the prices are nearly double the amount that the company was paying when using a large retail chain.
What should you do about the situation?
3. Product costs consist of
a. period costs.
b. indirect materials, indirect labor, and administrative costs.
c. direct materials, direct labor, and selling costs.
d. direct materials, direct labor, and overhead.
4. Which of the following would not be included in overhead?
a. marketing costs
b. property taxes on the factory
c. factory utility costs
d. deprecation on factory machinery
5. Which of the following is an example of a period cost?
a. research and development
b. selling and marketing
c. general accounting
d. all of these
6. The cost of the partially completed goods at the end of the period would be
a. ending work in process inventory.
b. cost of goods sold.
c. beginning finished goods inventory.
d. beginning work in process inventory.
7. Product costs are expensed
a. when the product is finished.
b. when the product unit cost is calculated.
c. when the product is sold.
d. all of these are correct.
8. Cost of goods sold
a. represents all costs associated with research, development, and general administration of the organization.
b. is found on the Balance Sheet.
c. is the cost of the partially completed goods that are still on the factory floor at the end of the period.
d. is the total product cost for the units sold during a period.
9. Gross margin equals
a. selling and administrative expenses.–cost of goods sold
b. direct materials + direct labor + manufacturing overhead.
c. cost of goods sold.–sales revenue
d. cost of goods manufactured + selling and administrative expenses.
10. The average unit cost at a monthly volume of 9,000 units is $3, and the average unit cost at a monthly volume of 22,500 units is $2.10.
A. Develop a cost formula for total monthly costs.
B. What are the total monthly costs if 15,000 units are produced?
11. Ruskin Company had utilities cost of $95,000 at an output level of 30,000 units. The utilities cost was a mixed cost and the fixed portion was $50,000. What would the estimate of total utilities cost be at an output level of 40,000 units?
12. At the break-even point,
a. total revenue equals variable cost.
b. total fixed cost equals variable cost.
c. total contribution margin equals total fixed cost.
d. total sales equals total fixed cost.
e. total margin of safety equals variable cost.
13. If the contribution margin per unit decreases, the break-even point in units
a. will increase.
b. will decrease.
c. will remain the same.
d. cannot be determined from the information given.
14. The following information was extracted from the accounting records of MVP Corporation:
Selling price per unit $60
Variable cost per unit $20
Total fixed costs $480,000
A. What is MVP’s break-even point in units?
B. How many units must be sold to earn operating income of $80,000?
C. What is MVP’s break-even point in units if the selling price increases by 20% and the variable costs decrease by 20%?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.