Supply & Demand – Krispy Kremes!
Below is a SUPPLY SCHEDULE showing the quantity of chocolate glazed doughnuts a business is willing to SELL at various prices during a given time period.
SUPPLY SCHEDULE 1
Price per Doughnut Quantity Supplied
Now, let’s say that the cost of flour, sugar, and chocolate used in making doughnuts FALLS. Krispy Kreme will be willing to produce more doughnuts, so there will be an INCREASE in SUPPLY, and there will be a whole new supply schedule.
INCREASED SUPPLY SCHEDULE II
Price per Doughnut Quantity Supplied
Supply increases >
Supply decreases <
Study the Supply schedules above, and answer the following questions:
1. As prices decrease, the quantity supplied < and as prices increase the quantity supplied >
2. This is called a DIRECT RELATIONSHIP. Why? Increase in price creates a decrease in supply and vise versa
3. If the sugar cane crop was destroyed and cost of sugar increased sharply, the cost of producing
doughnuts would increase, the supply might <
Read each situation below. Decide if supply would increase/decrease.
4. Government pays subsidies to farmers NOT to grow tobacco. <
5. Someone invents a better way to grow and harvest wheat. <
6. Mad cow disease kills 25% of cows in England. <
7. Business costs increase due to raised taxes. <
8. The price of microprocessors used to produce laptops drops. >
9. A spring frost killed one third of the strawberry crop. <
Below is a DEMAND SCHEDULE showing the quantity of chocolate glazed doughnuts people are willing to BUY at various prices during a given time period.
DEMAND SCHEDULE I
Price per Doughnut QuantityDemanded
Okay, what if people’s incomes have increased, and they have MORE MONEY to spend. There will be an INCREASE in DEMAND, and there will be a whole new demand schedule.
INCREASED DEMAND SCHEDULE II
Price per Doughnut Quantity Demanded
Demand increases >
Demand decreases <
Study the Demand Schedules above and answer the following questions:
11. As prices < the quantity demanded > and as prices >, the quantity demanded <
12. This is called an INVERSE RELATIONSHIP. Why? Because as price increases demand decreases and vise versa
13. If arsenic poison was found in a popular brand of hot dogs, the demand for hot dog buns might decrease
Read each situation below. Decide if demand would increase/decrease.
14. A recent tax cut raises workers’ disposable incomes.
15. Bell-bottom hip huggers are now the hottest style in jeans. DEMAND increase
16. A new artificial sweetener has been linked to cancer.
17. Aspirin has been proven in studies to lower risk of heart attack. DEMAND increase
18. Oranges are very expensive due to a fungal disease.
19. Homes in an area recently named “Top Town in America.” DEMAND increase
20. Use Supply Schedule 1 and Demand Schedule 1
Then, highlight the equilibrium price, and label it.
At what price will the quantity of doughnuts that people are willing to buy (quantity demanded) be equal to the quantity of doughnuts that people are willing to sell (quantity supplied)? The price is $_ and the quantity is _doughnuts.
21. Use Supply Schedule 2 (increase in supply!) & Demand Schedule 1 Then, highlight the equilibrium price and label it.
After the increase in supply, at what price will the Quantity Demanded now be equal to the Quantity Supplied? The price is $._ and the quantity is _ doughnuts.
22. Compared to your answers in question #21, the
price has now _ and the quantity demanded has _.
23. Use Supply Schedule 1 (more income, higher demand)
& Demand Schedule 2 Then, highlight the equilibrium price and label it. After the increase in demand, at what price will the Quantity Demanded now be equal to the Quantity Supplied?
The price is $ ._ and the quantity is _ doughnuts.
24. Compared to your answers in question #21, the price of Doughnuts has now _ and the quantity supplied has _.
Use your brain and try these: (Hint: always insert “price”)
25. A decrease in supply would cause quantity demanded to _.
26. A decrease in demand would cause quantity supplied to _.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.