2. Refer to Book IX of Gilgamesh (pages 159-64) to provide an overview of salient aspects of the cosmology that is part of the narrative. Note that you’ll need to be selective in choosing what aspects of this cosmology you’ll choose to present as I’m looking for how well you characterize the key points of this cosmology.
3. In Book VI of Gilgamesh, you’ll find that he goes on a tirade against Ishtar. You’ll notice that Mitchell is perhaps a bit Freudian in that he uses a series of yonic symbols in one of Gilgamesh’s speeches against Ishtar in this section of the narrative. What’s the passage? Identify an example of a yonic symbol within this passage to explain how a psychoanalytical reading of Gilgamesh’s disparaging comments can provide a useful resource for interpreting Gilgamesh’s disdainful comments.
4. The myth of Hippomenes and Atalanta (Hendricks 2004, 200-4) was part of Ovid’s writing. Use the myth’s ending to explain what we mean by metamorphosis and why it is significant within this narrative, especially in relation to Ovid’s overall interest in metamorphoses.
5. There’s a short incident that involves the myths associated with Oedipus in your anthology (Hendricks 2004, 107-8). Explain how the Greek idea of moira is useful for understanding how they thought of personal identity as you make a reference to this myth.
6. The story of Ixion (Hendricks 2004, 180) includes some commentary on warnings against hubris. Why were the Ancient Greeks concerned with the effects of hubris? Use the myth to develop your answer.
The next 2 questions are longer responses. You can answer them in two or three paragraphs. (The first is worth 4 point and the second is worth 5 points.)
7. David Leeming provides a good discussion of studying myth in relation to worldview in the introductory chapter of his book. Refer to the myth of Jason and Media (Hendricks, 2004, 191-9) to identify an important aspect of the worldview of the teller of this Greek myth. Be sure that you not only show why this theme is part of the worldview but that your answer also reveals a good understanding of what we mean by “worldview.”
8. Tok Thompson and Gregory Schrempp incorporate the idea of truth into their title of their book, The Truth of Myth. In the introduction and the first chapter, they explore different ideas about how we might think of the nature of truth. What is an especially significant point that they make about an inherent contrast between myth and truth? How is that idea of truth a potentially misleading way to study myths? You may wish to refer to a specific myth that we have read to illustrate your point.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.