Week 2 Assignment: FIN/370
Purpose of Assignment
Students should be able to calculate time value of money problems including solving for; present value, future value, rate and payment, determine the value and yield of corporate bonds, and use the dividend discount model to calculate the value and expected return of a common stock.Complete the following Questions and Problems from each chapter as indicated.
Show all work and analysis.
Prepare in Microsoft® Excel® or Word.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines if submitting in Microsoft® Word.
*The questions and excel documents needed are attached.*
Chapter 5 Questions 3 & 4
3. Calculating Present Values [LO2] For each of the following, compute the present value:
4. Calculating Interest Rates [LO3] Solve for the unknown interest rate in each of the following:
Chapter 6 Questions 2 & 20
2. Stock Values [LO1] The next dividend payment by Halestorm, Inc., will be $2.04 per share. The dividends are anticipated to maintain a growth rate of 4.5 percent forever. If the stock currently sells for $37 per share, what is the required return?
20.Negative Growth [LO1] Antiques R Us is a mature manufacturing firm. The company just paid a dividend of $10.25, but management expects to reduce the payout by 3 percent per year indefinitely. If you require a return of 9.5 percent on this stock, what will you pay for a share today?
Chapter 7 Questions 3 & 11
3. Valuing Bonds [LO2] Even though most corporate bonds in the United States make coupon payments semiannually, bonds issued elsewhere often have annual coupon payments. Suppose a German company issues a bond with a par value of €1,000, 23 years to maturity, and a coupon rate of 5.8 percent paid annually. If the yield to maturity is 4.7 percent, what is the current price of the bond?
11. Valuing Bonds [LO2] Union Local School District has a bond outstanding with a coupon rate of 3.7 percent paid semiannually and 16 years to maturity. The yield to maturity on this bond is 3.9 percent, and the bond has a par value of $5,000. What is the price of the bond?
Chapter 8 Questions 1 & 6
1. Stock Values [LO1] The Jackson–Timberlake Wardrobe Co. just paid a dividend of $1.95 per share on its stock. The dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 4 percent per year indefinitely. If investors require a return of 10.5 percent on The Jackson–Timberlake Wardrobe Co. stock, what is the current price? What will the price be in three years? In 15 years?
6. Stock Valuation [LO1] Suppose you know that a company’s stock currently sells for $63 per share and the required return on the stock is 10.5 percent. You also know that the total return on the stock is evenly divided between a capital gains yield and a dividend yield. If it’s the company’s policy to always maintain a constant growth rate in its dividends, what is the current dividend per share?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.