Compare and contrast these readings (Gioia 1992; Jones & Ryan 1998; Monahan & Quinn 2006; Sonenshein 2007) and produce a 1000 word critical reflection on the four articles about what ethical decision making is, and the factors that influence ethical decision making in organisations.
In this critical reflection you should provide a reasoned explanation for choosing the perspective(s) that you believe best explain ethical decision making in organisations.
Jones, TM & Ryan, LV (1998) ‘The effect of organizational forces on individual morality: Judgment, moral approbation, and behavior (Links to an external site.)‘, Business Ethics Quarterly, 8 (3), 431-45. Gioia, D. A. (1992). ‘Pinto fires and personal ethics: A script analysis of missed opportunities’, (Links to an external site.)Journal of Business Ethics, 11(5-6), 379-389. Monahan, S. C., & Quinn, B. A. (2006) ‘Beyond ‘bad apples’ and ‘weak leaders’ Toward a neo-institutional explanation of organizational deviance (Links to an external site.)‘. Theoretical Criminology, 10(3), 361-385.
Sonenshein, S. (2007) ‘The role of construction, intuition, and justification in responding to ethical issues at work: The sensemaking-intuition model’, (Links to an external site.) Academy of Management Review, 32(4), 1022-1040.
1) Focus on the 4 articles provided. There is no need to include others – you can if you desperately want to but remember we really want you to compare and contrast these 4.
2) Read all the articles and summarize them attempting to overview and capture their major arguments – what do these authors propose? You cant fake having read the articles and this will take you some time. Every bit of reading you do here, will be of benefit to you in the first two assessment tasks, and may also be helpful in the exam. In other words, you will directly benefit from it.
3) Summarizing articles enable you to compare and contrast them – you need to be able to overview whats written in them – the major arguments – so that you really understand the essence of them and enough of the detail. It will also help you build connections between these articles and other ideas/concepts/theories contained within the course.
4) Make sure you conclude by answering the question – which of the articles you believe best explains the decision making process and tell the reader why.
5) Structure – we do not want a contents page – its only 1000 words – make sure it has your name and student number within the document on the front page. I have suggested in the video below and in the lectures that you structure your assignment with A) a short Introduction b) 150-200 words max overviews of each article, c) some comparison and contrast about “what ethical decision making is, and the factors that influence ethical decision making in organisations”. d) You should then conclude by choosing the perspective (article) that best explains ethical decision making in organisations.
6) Don’t be under any illusion – you need to read and cite all of the four articles provided – and this will take some time and requires you to get to work very soon if you havent already.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.