This was a course of commuity health nursing taken online.
These are some of te discutions we have done in class.
What are the responsibilities of community and public health nurses in promoting health and decreasing illness and injury in populations, families, and individuals?
What health factors can nurses address to work with young males of a community to improve overall health?
Why is it the case that single men are prominently represented in the homeless? Is there a primary prevention program that could be a part of a public health initiative that would address this cohort specifically?
Suicide in the youth population
Course reflection assignment is part of the portfolio that students must complete during last week of the program.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4636 course.
Please, be sure that your paper includes the following:
Introduction: It is really important to start your assignment with a clear introduction that should include the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy. These would usually be included in 1-2 paragraphs.
Body /Reflection: The course reflection is not just a summary of the learning experience during the course. You need to choose at least 4 of the BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) (see course reflection guidelines) and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared. Reflect on the NUR4636 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course.
Choose 4 essentials from the following:
1. “Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
2. Describe how health care is organized and financed, including the implications of business principles, such as patient and system cost factors.
3. Compare the benefits and limitations of the major forms of reimbursement on the delivery of healthcare services.
4. Examine legislative and regulatory processes relevant to the provision of health care.
5. Describe state and national statutes, rules, and regulations that authorize and define professional nursing practice.
6. Explore the impact of sociocultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare delivery and practice.
7. Examine the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory agencies and their effect on patient care quality, workplace safety, and the scope of nursing and other health professionals’ practice.
8. Discuss the implications of healthcare policy on issues of access, equity, affordability, and social justice in healthcare delivery.
9. Use an ethical framework to evaluate the impact of social policies on health care, especially for vulnerable populations.
10. Articulate, through a nursing perspective, issues concerning healthcare delivery to decision makers within healthcare organizations and other policy arenas.
11. Participate as a nursing professional in political processes and grassroots legislative efforts to influence healthcare policy.
12. Advocate for consumers and the nursing profession.
13. Assess protective and predictive factors, including genetics, which influence the health of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
14. Conduct a health history, including environmental exposure and a family history that recognizes genetic risks, to identify current and future health problems.
15. Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
16. Use behavioral change techniques to promote health and manage illness.
17. Use evidence based practices to guide health teaching, health counseling, screening, outreach, disease and outbreak investigation, referral, and follow-up throughout the lifespan.
18. Use information and communication technologies in preventive care.
19. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and patients to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate health promotion and disease and injury prevention interventions.
20. Assess the health, healthcare, and emergency preparedness needs of a defined population.
21. Use clinical judgment and decision-making skills in appropriate, timely nursing care during disaster, mass casualty, and other emergency situations.
22. Collaborate with others to develop an intervention plan that takes into account determinants of health, available resources, and the range of activities that contribute to health and the prevention of illness, injury, disability, and premature death.
23. Participate in clinical prevention and population focused interventions with attention to effectiveness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and equity.
24. Advocate for social justice, including a commitment to the health of vulnerable populations and the elimination of health disparities.
Use evaluation results to influence the delivery of care, deployment of resources, and to provide input into the development of policies to promote health and prevent disease.”
Conclusion: This is your final chance to impress the reader so make it powerful. An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Summarizes the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice.
Clarity of writing: clear writing, good sentence structure and organization with proper flow of meaning and correct grammar.
APA Format: APA 7th edition is required.
The length of the reflection is to be within three (3) to six (6) pages excluding title page and reference pages.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.