CIS 510Technical Paper: Proof of Concept (POC)
Technical Paper: Proof of Concept (POC)
Due Week 10 and worth 230 points
Your company is a 4-year-old startup called XYZ Software Enterprises. XYZ produces a point of sale system and was awarded a Proof of Concept (POC) to one of the largest and oldest restaurants in the industry (you know, the ones in the commercials all the time). The restaurant wants XYZ to prove that the software will do what the sales people said it could do.
Your Proof of Concept will include four parts:
· Part 1: Gantt Chart
· Part 2: Testing and User Acceptance Report
· Part 3: Use Case Diagram
· Part 4: Activity Diagram
Part 1: Gantt Chart
A Gantt Chart (see page 353 Figure 11-18) needs to be created for the entire process of the Proof of Concept. There is a two-month deadline from today to complete the POC.
Using Visio or Excel, create a Gantt Chart that includes all of the items listed below and adds five more tasks minimum from the concepts learned from the course:
· The initial meeting — today.
· Should appear as the first line.
· Teams selected to participate in the project (1 week).
· Information gathering (add the information gathering methods you will use and how long each will take).
· System configurations based on information gathering methods (2 weeks).
· Create Activity Chart based on information gathering (info to create chart supplied).
· Create Use Case Diagram based on information gathering (info to create chart supplied).
· Show the finished configurations to the team and get feedback (1 day).
· Make changes based on feedback (3 days).
· Install the system in the test store (2 days).
· Train staff (1 day).
· Run a live test of POC (2 weeks).
· The five or more additional tasks can be subtasks for information gathering methods as well some other subtask or major task not in the initial list.
· You may add items from the SDLC, specific item(s) on testing, or any other concept you think should be part of the POC process learned in the course of this semester.
NOTE: Remember that events in a Gantt chart can happen at the same time as other events. Some items also cannot start until others are completed. Everything has an estimated timeframe and it is displayed in the chart.
Part 2: Testing and User Acceptance Report
As part of the expected documentation in the POC, XYZ wants a report on Testing and User Acceptance.
Your manager is asking you to research the testing criteria they listed in the POC documents.
The POC document states that they are looking for:
1. System and Stress Testing
2. User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
For both categories, research and report on:
1. What these tests are.
2. Why the industry leader would want these particular tests.
3. The best ways, in detail, to accomplish the tests so that your company meets the criteria they are looking for.
o These items can be added to your Gantt Chart (Part 1)
Part 3: Use Case Diagram
The restaurant, as part of the information gathering, outlined a use case in a chart (below).
Your manager assigned you to create the Use Case Diagram using Visio, MS Word, or any other software. (See the diagrams on Page 84 and 85 of the textbook.)
· Paste the diagram into the created report.
Waiter, Patron, Chef
Pay for food
Part 4: Activity Diagram
As a part of the information gathering process, a chart of items was provided by XYZ.
Your manager has asked that you use Visio, MS Word, or any other software with which you are familiar to create the Activity Diagram (see pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 in the textbook.)
· Paste the diagram into the created report.
POS SALES PROCESS
Host/Hostess seats patron
Server takes drink order
Server opens order for table in POS system
Server places drink order in the POS system
System sends drink order to the Bar
Bar makes drinks
Server brings drinks to table
Server takes food order
Server adds food order in the POS system
Order goes to kitchen
Chef and staff cook the order
Food Runner brings food to table
Server takes dessert order
Server adds dessert order to POS
Chef and Staff create desserts
Food Runner brings desserts to table
Server creates check in POS
Server collects payment and enters it in POS
Server adds tipped amount to POS
Server closes table in POS
Additionally you must:
· Use at least 3 quality resources. NOTE: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Visio, Word, or an open source alternative. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.