MATH 107 QUIZ 4 Spring 2020
I have completed this assignment myself, working independently and not consulting anyone except the instructor.
· The quiz is worth 100 points. There are 13 problems. This quiz is open book and open notes. This means that you may refer to your textbook, notes, and online classroom materials, but you must work independently and may not consult anyone (and confirm this with your submission). You may take as much time as you wish, provided you turn in your quiz no later than Sunday, Feb 23.
· Show work/explanation where indicated. Answers without any work may earn little, if any, credit. You may type or write your work in your copy of the quiz, or if you prefer, create a document containing your work. Scanned work is acceptable also. In your document, be sure to include your name and the assertion of independence of work.
· General quiz tips and instructions for submitting work are posted in the Quizzes module.
· If you have any questions, please contact me by e-mail.
1. (8 pts) Look at the graph of the quadratic function and state the intercept(s), vertex, and range, and indicate which of equations A, B, C, or D, represents the graph. [No explanations required.]
Fill in the blanks
State the y-intercept(s):
State the range:
State the vertex:
The graph represents which of the following equations?
A. y = x2 + 6x + 1
B. y = x2 – 6x + 1
C. y = –x2 + 6x + 1
D. y = –x2 – 6x + 1
2. (4 pts) Solve the inequality x2 ³ 7x and write the solution set in interval notation.
(no explanation required) Answer: __
A. [7, ¥)
B. (–¥, 0] È [7, ¥)
C. (–¥, 7] È [0, ¥)
D. [0, 7]
3. (4 pts) For , use the Intermediate Value Theorem to determine which interval must contain a zero of f(x). (no explanation required) Answer: _____
A. Between 0 and 1
B. Between 1 and 2
C. Between 3 and 4
D. Between 2 and 3
4. (4 pts) Translate this sentence about area into a mathematical equation.
The area G of a regular pentagon is directly proportional to the square of the length S of its sides
5. (4 pts) Solve and write interval notation for the solution set.
Show careful algebraic work/explanation.
6. (6 pts) Each graph below represents a polynomial function. Complete the following table.
(no explanation required)
Is the degree of the polynomial odd or even? (choose one)
Is the leading coefficient of the polynomial positive or negative? (choose one)
How many real number zeros are there?
7. (12 pts)
Let When factored,
(a) State the domain.
(b) Which sketch illustrates the end behavior of the polynomial function?
(c) State the y-intercept:
(d) State the x-intercepts:
(e) State which graph below is the graph of P(x). __________
GRAPH A. (below) GRAPH B. (below)
GRAPH C. (below) GRAPH D. (below)
8. (8 pts) Let (no explanation required)
(a) State the domain.
(b) State the y-intercept.
(c) State the x-intercept(s).
(d) State the vertical asymptote(s).
(e) State the horizontal asymptote.
9. (8 pts) Solve the equation Check all proposed solutions. Show work in solving and in checking, and state your final conclusion.
10. (8 pts) Which of the following functions is represented by the graph shown below? Explain your answer choice. Be sure to take the asymptotes into account in your explanation.
11. (8 pts) For z = 5 + 2i and w = 8 – 3i, find z/w. Simplify as much as possible, writing the result in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers. Show work.
12. (8 pts) Find the solutions of the equation . Find the complex solutions (real and non-real) of the equation, and simplify as much as possible. Show algebraic work.
13. (18 pts)
The marketing department has found that, when the new model calculators are sold at a price of p dollars per unit, the revenue R (in dollars) as a function of the price is:
(a) The revenue function is a quadratic function and so its graph is a parabola.
Does the parabola open up or down? _________
(b) What unit price should be established in order to maximize revenue?
(c) If this price is charged, what is the maximum revenue in $ ?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.