BUSI 438 FORUM 3 DISCUSSION
From Clydesdales to Talking Frogs: Budweiser’s Strategic Adaptability Keeps It a Winner
This discussion question provides an opportunity to reinforce several key principles that are covered in this week’s chapter. While the case is largely focused on advertising tactics, there are examples of strategic marketing that can be discussed as well. A key idea to emphasize is that brands that survive as long as Budweiser have done so by regularly updating the various elements of the marketing mix to reflect the changing preferences of their customers. In this situation, these responses to customer interests and communications preferences are most visible in advertising but are also reflected in major product introductions such as Bud Lite and packaging innovations like beer in cans.
Address the following…
• What are some factors that make one beer better than another? Even non-beer drinkers will likely focus on product attributes like taste or convenient packaging.
o Whether Budweiser is generally considered to be the best tasting beer and if not, why they have dominated in product sales for so many years? One answer to that question is that brand imagery can be as or more important than product attributes in a brand’s long term success.
• Consider showing examples of classic Budweiser advertising (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbShf_xrxg) and discussing how these ads differentiate the brand even though they provide very little info about the product.
• In Budweiser’s history there is evidence of both “Big M” (strategic) marketing and examples of “little m” (tactical) marketing. Which of these two types of marketing do you think is Budweiser’s greater strength? Support your answer with examples to demonstrate your understanding of these concepts.
• The most recent threat to Budweiser’s dominance is the microbrewery craze, which has created (or resulted from) a set of more discriminating beer drinkers, not so different from wine aficionados. One approach Budweiser has taken in their commercials is to make fun of these enthusiasts. Do you believe that this is an effective strategy? Why or why not? What alternative communication or product innovation strategies (if any) should be considered to reach this segment?
• What could Budweiser do to increase a Christian presence for their brand? Is this a good application for a beer company?
NOTE: MORE THAN ONE ANSWER POSTED CHOOSE ANY
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.