1. What was the first decade in which most major motion pictures were full-fledged talking pictures? (Points : 1)
The 1930s – correct answer
2. In what decade did digital sound come into use in movies? (Points : 1)
The 1980s – correct answer
3. Which of the following tends to be true of silent film acting as opposed to sound film acting? (Points : 1)
It features overstated gestures and heightened mannerisms – correct answer
It relies on more subtle movements and expressions
It more accurately reflects how people behave in the real world
It is generally less expressive
4. What did filmmakers consider to be the advantage of silent films? (Points : 1)
They allowed for more realism
They left more to the audience’s imagination – correct answer
They had fewer distractions for audiences
They were less expensive to make
5. What is the correct technical name for the music that plays in the background of a scene while the action takes place? (Points : 1)
The score – correct answer
The sound design
6. Which of the following is the worldwide standard still in use for sound recording in film today? (Points : 1)
Optical sound – correct answer
7. Soviet filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein promoted which idea about editing? (Points : 1)
The 180-degree rule
The Kuleshov effect
Montage theory – correct answer
8. What is the name of the process used to create everyday sound effects in films? (Points : 1)
Foley – correct answer
9. Which of the following tasks is part of the process of film editing but not part of the process of book editing? (Points : 1)
Ensuring that the story makes sense
Making sure one section logically follows another
Helping to construct the work itself – correct answer
Determining that the work holds together as a whole
10. Moving back and forth between shots of a woman tied to a railroad tracks and shots of a speeding train elsewhere on the track is an example of what editing technique? (Points : 1)
Parallel editing – correct answer
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.