1) When did WWII begin in Asia?
“WWII began when the Kwantung Army known as Manchuria attacked chines forces in Mukden, which was an important city in Manchuria. This all occurred in September 1931.” (Introduction; Akira Iriye, Pg. 3)
2) Who governed the Chinese Republic?
“The Chinese Republic was governed since the overthrow of the Ch’ing dynasty in 1911 by Chiang Kai-shek of the Nationalist party.” (Introduction; Akira Iriye, Pg. 4)
3) What was the League of Nations?
The League of Nations was an international organization that existed to promote international cooperation and preserve global peace.The League achieved some success, but it ultimately was unable to prevent WWII. By not imposing sanction japan was able to extend its empire and withdrew from the league of nations.
4) What was a rational for the Japanese government to invade Manchuria?
It was rational for Japan to invade Manchuria, to further expand its empire. Japan also possibly seen this as an opportunity to detach Manchuria from the new formed China proper Nationalist under Chiang Kai-shek. Who had domestic opposition to his rule from the Chinese Communist.They possibly seen this as an opportunity to gain social likeability from the Chinese people.
5) What happened in 1937 between China and Japan?
In 1937 skirmishes between Chinese and Japanese troops a few miles outside of Peipng grew into a full scale conflict. That resulted in bitter relationships between the two country’s and escalated confidence within the Chinese Nationalist to
6) What was the so-called “Greater East Asian Co-prosperity Sphere?”
7) The “China Problem” had consisted of three issues. What were they?
8) How many proposals Japan submitted to the US in November 1941?
9) How many meetings did Cordell Hull, Secretary of State, summon in November 1941?
10) Who participated in these meetings?
11) According to Usui, what were Japan’s concessions?
12) What was Gotō’s article about?
13) Who was Mohammad Hatta?
14) How did Hatta view WWII?
15) Who was Ahmad Subardjo?
1) Why reading the “acknowledgment” is important?
2) In the 1943 history textbook (pp. 3-4), how was the war and NM described? Whose atrocities were included and excluded?
3) What was the Nanjing government?
4) What does “revisionist” (p. 5) mean?
5) Why Yoshida wrote the book?
6) How does Yoshida define the “Asia-Pacific War”? When did it begin and end?
7) Discuss the views/narratives that challenged the official view of the war with China.
8) What was Living Soldiers? Who wrote it?
9) Who was Yanaihara Tadao?
10) Who was Kaji Wataru?
11) Who was Wellington Koo?
12) What was the so-called Tanaka Memorial?
13) How did the Nationalist gov’t saw NM? How did its view differ from that of the foreign humanitarians in Nanjing?
14) Who was Tilman Durdin? What did he do?
15) Who was Archibald Steele? What did he do?
16) Who was Hino Ashihei? What did he do?
17) Who was Henry Luce?
18) Who was Song Meiling?
19) Who was Harold Timperley?
20) Who was James Young?
21) Who was Bradford Smith?
22) What was Amerasia?
23) How did the Nanjing Massacre influence public opinion in the US?
1) What were the things common between Hitler and Chaplin?
2) Describe childhood of Chaplin and Hitler.
3) Where was Hitler on August 1, 1914?
4) Where was Hitler when Germany was defeated in 1918?
5) According to the film, what contributed most for Hitler to reach power?
6) How well could Chaplin speak German?
7) How did Chaplin evaluate Hitler as an actor?
8) How was Chaplin described in the Nazi propaganda book?
9) How did many Americans perceive Hitler and Germany in the early 1930s?
10) Who was Martin Dies? What did he argue?
11) Who organized rallies in Madison Square Garden?
12) How did Hitler consider about American films?
13) When did Chaplin announce his new film?
14) Which nation did Chaplin think to defeat Nazism?
15) What did Chaplin notice in photographs of Hitler’s den?
16) What was Chaplin’s original idea about the ending of the film?
17) Fill in the blanks:
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an ___. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to ___ everyone: Jew, ___, ___, ___. We all want to help one another. ____ ___ are like that. We want to live by each other’s ____, not each other’s __. We don’t want to hate or despise one another. …. ____ has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. …. ___ that gives abundance has left us __ ___. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness, hard and unkind. We ___ too much and __ too little. More than ___ we need ___.
18) Why was Chaplin locked out of the US in 1952?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.